Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Win one of three double movie passes

Win a free double movie pass for helping me "nail" my Brand

Today I am launching a competition... I want to find the best... most incisive, most powerful, most inspiring, most exciting one-sentence statement about me... about what I do... about what my clients get when engaging me... what are the benefits of taking me on...

In other words: a short (very short) statement that really nails what I am about, my Brand, what is special about me and New Perspectives and how I am different from anyone else who uses labels such as "Business Coach"

In case you are unsure of what I do... These are the statements I make from time to time:
  • I say that I coach small business owners, people who are in control of all the facets of their business every day.
  • You might have heard me explain that I coach my clients to become better business owners
  • Some of you will have heard me mention that the difference between most business coaches and myself is that business coaches coach businesses and I coach business owners
  • Some of you have heard me say that I help my clients to take control of their business and their life
  • I sometimes say that I work with my clients to create sustainable business growth
  • And that you will create the business you deserve when you engage me, that you will go through "massive change" and finally
  • That when you come on board with me... Nothing will ever be the same again...
All of that is absolutely true... very much so...

And how do I do all those things?... Well I work with my clients in six month blocks and with set of clear project goals defined and I become their small business mentor, their management consultant, their personal coach, their project manager, their closest confidant, their silent partner, supporter, brainstormer and general ass-kicker...

But whenever I am asked:... "So Roland, what do you do?" I end up having to roll out the "I am a business coach"-line with further boring add-ons.

People seem to want a label and until they have one they are confused... but guess what.... the moment I mention the word "business coach"... eyes glaze over, fingers fidget and the nearest "exit" sign suddenly becomes much more interesting.

So......
I am asking for your help....

My hope is that most of you who read this would be interested in 2 things:
  1. The opportunity to win one of 3 double movie passes and/ or
  2. To help me improve the clarity and attractiveness of my marketing message and my "Brand"

I hope I am right and I am really looking forward to reading your suggestions and creative and "out of the box" ideas...

All your weirdest, most creative, sexy, funny, inspiring, sweet, caring, supportive, challenging, thought provoking ideas and suggestions are eagerly awaited.

The most exciting suggestions... the ones that make me sit up and smile... well I will select the top three of those and send you a double movie pass to Hoyts as a small token of my appreciation...

Be assured I really truly appreciate and value your input and thoughts... and if you'd like to talk to me about it... I will obviously shout you a coffee...

So that also for Me Myself and I... from the second half of 2009... Nothing will ever be the same again

Send me an email, twitter me, ring me, facebook me... Entries close Friday 24 July and decisions by the Judging panel are final, discussions won't be entered into... unless I am bribed with the appropriate brown paper bag.

Bring on the creativity...

Warmest,

Roland Hanekroot

also on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/businesscoachsydney

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Roland:
when people ask you what do you do, you could say with pride: "I'm a management INsultant!"
This would really perk people's ears, and clear their "glazed eyes". Then you could explain, that everyone is a CONsultant, but you look for the Pros (rather than cons), and when needed, you put a mirror in front of your clients, which could possibly "insult" them into shape.
The idea is - having such a statement will help you stand out, and SHOW you're different, rather than SAY you are.